Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Review: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer


Today I am reviewing Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer. Tarte's primer retails for $30 for 1 oz., it can be purchased at Sephora, Ulta, and Tarte's website. Tarte's primer is supposed to leave skin matte and also reduce the appearance of pores. It is also supposed to hold one's makeup for 12 hours and it should leave skin looking smoother.

Primer from behind.
Let's get started with my review. The Tarte primer I have is not full size it is a deluxe size which came in a set with two other Tarte products for the price of $9 (http://www.sephora.com/clean-slate-deluxe-primer-trio-25-value-P311209?skuId=1430297). What drew me into this product was the claim that it would minimize the appearance of pores and I suffer from enlarged pores so I immediately had to try it. I could not commit to buying the full size because it was a little pricey so I was glad to find a set with decent size samples. 


I would highly recommend this primer. As soon as I put it on it completely left my skin matte, I do have a bit of oily skin. It glided on my skin beautifully, my skin immediately felt so much smoother and it let me apply foundation with such ease. It did not feel heavy or greasy whatsoever. As you can see in the picture it does not have a hint of color it does look like silicone. It also made my pores minimize which is the best part of this primer, they did not totally disappear but I definitely saw a big difference. If you are sensitive to smell his just had a slight chemical scent but it is not a total deal breaker. Like I said it is a bit pricey but I would definitely suggest getting a sample from Sephora to at least try it out.

I really hope you enjoyed this review and I hope to put out more soon. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment